JOB ADVERT: PROGRAMS MANAGER.
(Only South Sudanese Female Nationals)
Position Title: Program manager
Location: South Sudan, 100% Juba
Reports to: CREW Executive Director
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Term: Full time, 1-year term, renewable based on performance and availability of funding
Application deadline: 10th February 2019
Start Date: As Soon As Possible.
Crown The Woman-South Sudan (CREW), is a feminist, women founded and women led nonprofit, non-governmental organization that aims at empowering girls and women of South Sudan so that they harness their potential and contribute towards building the nation socially, politically and economically.
CREW is looking for a potential female programs manager to fill up the position and contribute towards attaining her mission.
The Programs manager performs a key supporting role in Crown The Woman-South Sudan(CREW). She is responsible for managing all the organisational programs. Reporting to the CREW-South Sudan Executive Director, the Program Manager will have the role of managing and implementing CREW-South Sudan’s programs in coordination with the organization team at the secretariat. This requires the Program Manager to understand CREW-South Sudan’s programs (peace building, GBV prevention and response, education, economic empowerment of women) and all others that will be developed during the duration of employment at CREW-South Sudan. Specifically, the Program Manager will be responsible for ensuring that CREW-South Sudan’s programs conform to minimum organizational, national and international standards. She will have considerable experience in Monitoring and Evaluation, financial management, coordination and in public relations. The ideal candidate will have a comprehensive understanding of rural development and have enthusiasm for working in both urban remote areas.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE PROGRAMS MANAGER.
- Work closely with individual project managers to track progress and provide updates of any changes in strategy or priorities.
- Identify project gaps and design project proposals
- Provide a professional and technical leadership to the project teams, officers and any implementing partners for project and program planning and implementation. This will include budgeting, development of logical frameworks and appropriate indicators, development of project proposals and project reporting.
- Work with individual project officers to establish plans and goals for each project, including setting objectives, assigning tasks, and agreeing to time lines for achieving intermediate and overall goals, and also review dates to ensure that the projects remain on target.
- Manage the projects successfully in partnership with the entire CREW-South Sudan team ensuring that they meet their intended aims and objectives and achieve expected outcomes.
- Ensures compliance with all the contractual aspects of the project (including reporting and budget management).
- Ensure that development-oriented approaches including participatory development, capacity building and sustainable methodologies are adopted in implementing projects.
- Ensure participation of the community in the design and implementation of CREW-South Sudan’s projects at all stages.
- Ensure that a gender analysis is conducted, and support project teams to develop stronger practices for gender equality.
- Ensure effective security measures and protocols are appropriately planned for and addressed within all projects.
- Ensure that the project is carried out in accordance with CREW-South Sudan’s policies and procedures and complies with all Donor’s/Partner’s requirements
- Support internal and external audit processes, monitoring and evaluation of all of the organization’s projects (including planned Donor visits).
- Ensure timely submissions of all narrative and financial reports to the Donors/Partners are made in accordance with requirements and set deadlines in Grant Agreements.
- Ensure quality compilation and harmonization of all project officers reporting from the different projects
- Ensure timely submission of project activity briefs (monthly) from all project officers to the Executive Director
- Develop in consultation with the Executive Director and funding partners where necessary, a project technical and financial reporting format and plan to align with requirements and deadlines in the Grants and project agreements
- Attend Crew-South Sudan’s Board of Directors to senior meetings to report on the progress of different organization projects.
- Manage the overall projects’ budgets, including regular monitoring of expenditure against budget, in CREW-South Sudan’s financial procedures and guidelines and funding policies and regulations.
- Ensure good cash flow and support procurement planning.
- Review financial reports and feedback with the Finance and Administration Manager and promptly update the Executive director.
- Develop a clear expenditure plan in liaison with all the projects’ officers of the organization and ensure that the projects are fully implemented within the agreed/approved budget.
- To ensure project teams have the resources they need, establish budgets and allocate people and technical resources to individual teams. Establish priorities within overall program and allocate resources in line with those priorities.
- Ensure oversight of cash payments and management of projects’ inputs to ensure transparent use of resources.
Monitoring & Evaluation:
- Coordinate performance monitoring frameworks and evaluation designs and activities.
- Ensure project teams are trained in M&E methodologies and undertaking their related roles and responsibilities.
- Ensure that quality project M&E reports are produced and submitted to appropriate audiences in a timely manner.
- Supervise short-term Consultants, and draft and/or review field evaluation reports
- Participate in the selection and allocation of staff in the projects.
- Ensure comprehensive induction and overall management of staff performance.
- Provide leadership, training and support to the support staff.
- Undertake performance assessments of project staff.
- Perform any other duty as requested by the Executive Director
Security planning and management
- Act as security focal point for CREW-South Sudan and represent the organization at all appropriate security briefings
- Monitor security situation regularly and provide update in monthly briefing report to the CREW-South Sudan team.
- Develop localized systems to safeguard the overall health, welfare and security of staff.
- Contribute to overall CREW-South Sudan security policies and protocols.
- Ensure that staffs are aware of and compliant with all security protocols.
- Contribute to CREW-South Sudan strategy and program development
- Be proactive in pursuing and developing innovative partnerships and programming across the NGO, governmental, and academic sectors which can support more effective, sustainable and diversified programing for the organization
- Identify and develop new opportunities in South Sudan for strategic partnerships, program development and funding and liaise with donors as required.
- Represent and promote CREW-South Sudan activities at national level and contribute to networking and communications including through attendance at relevant conferences and networking events.
Academic and Professional Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university.
- A minimum of 3 years of professional work experience in programs management.
- Experience in designing project proposals.
- Excellent people management and leadership skills
- Excellent computer skills with advanced MS Excel Skills.
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work outside regular business hours, as required.
Interested applicants should email their CV and cover letter and relevant documents to firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com or physically drop their applications to CREW office located at ThongPiny Business Center on Airport Road, Juba South Sudan. Please write “CREW-South Sudan Program Manager” in the subject line when submitting via the email.
Application closes: 5:00pm EAT on 10th February, 2019 or until position is filled
CREW-South Sudan is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce and encourages qualified female candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to join our organization.
[ONLY SHORT LISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED]