(ONLY SOUTH SUDANESE FEMALE NATIONALS)
Title: Finance Officer
Duration: six (6) months
OVERALL JOB DESCRIPTION FOR THE FINANCE OFFICER.
The Finance Officer performs a key supporting role in Crown The Woman-South Sudan(CREW). She is responsible for managing all the financial records and providing daily administration and financial support to the Executive Director. The Finance Officer ensures that all employees adhere to donor requirements for making expenses in accordance with the approved budget. The Finance Officer Will also be responsible of manitaining sound financial systems and controls to ensure effective implementation of programs. This position will produce timely reports , including variance and budget monitoring reports to assist management in assessing the financial performance of grants. The Finance Officer will promote adherence to Crown The Woman Standard Operating Procedures, Donors’ rules and regulations as well as South Sudan Law. In addition, this position will provide daily administrative support functions including office Management, logistics, Procurement and coordination of trainings, meetings and workshops.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure proper internal control procedures are maintained for day to day financial activities within each grant/ project.
- Verify accuracy of invoices and bills from suppliers, to ensure that each invoice and payment request has proper authorization and coding before payment.
- Follow up Staff to liquidate advances on timely basis and make sure their Accounts are cleared to Zero every month and research advance requests ensuring that no advances are outstanding for that particular individual.
- Maintain up-to date books of accounts for the Project, comprising of cash & Bank register.
- Manage account relations with the project banks and book all money received promptly.
- Ensure that all payments are allowable, allocable and in compliance with each donor requirements.
- Review and control all postings in various budget lines under various supported budgets in liaison with budget holders in addition to performing data analysis and advise the senior management on the progress/ performance of the organization.
- Manage the cash flow of CREW and monitor the bank balances every time to ensure that there is enough cash.
- Preparation of monthly financial Report accurately and on timely manner for review by the Executive Director.
- Develop and maintain a filling system to ensure efficient access to information.
- Work with the programs to design budgets for the project activities.
- Prepare financial statements and reconciliation for the organization.
Terms & Conditions
- A six (6) months volunteer contract with possibility of extension
- To be based in Juba, South Sudan.
- Full time
- Monthly stipend to be facilitated by CREW
Academic and Professional Qualifications:
- BSc degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or related field from a recognized university.
- A minimum of 3 years of professional work experience in accounting and finance.
- Proven work experience as a Finance Officer or similar role
- Experience in designing project budgets
- Excellent computer skills with advanced MS Excel Skills.
- Solid knowledge of financial regulations and accounting procedures
- Experience using financial software (quick book)
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
Interested applicants should email their CV and cover letter and relevant documents to Nadia Sarah via firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com physically drop their applications to CREW office located at ThongPiny Business Center on Airport Road, Juba South Sudan.
The deadline for application is 5:00pm EAT 10thNovember 2018
[ONLY SHORT LISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED]